The Briar Hill Health Campus opens its medical and diagnostic facilities at 209 Briar Hill Road.
Pull Tarps Manufacturers establishes its headquarters at 400 Elm Street, the former location of Abbott and Company.
A new 500,000 gallon water tower on Grant Road in Bloom Township is dedicated.
S & B Manufacturing, maker of steel floating docks, is founded and establishes its headquarters at 601 West Cherry Street.
Hancock Wood Electric Cooperative moves into new headquarters at 1399 Business Park Drive South in Henry Township.
CSX Railroad begins construction of the Northwest Ohio Intermodal Trans-Shipment Center, a facility for switching cargo containers from railcars to trucks, along Ohio Route 18 between North Baltimore and Hoytville.
CSX Railroads Northwest Ohio Intermodal Facility is located one mile west of North Baltimore.
The most significant development in the 21st Century in the North Baltimore area was the opening in 2011 of the CSX Railroad’s Northwest Ohio Intermodal Terminal Facility two miles west of town. Trains loaded with Intermodal containers are moved into the facility where their cargo is unloaded and placed on trucks or other trains to be shipped to their final destinations. The yard employs over 300 people.
A new combined junior and senior high school building was opened in 2012. Other civic improvements have included modernization of the water and sewer systems to provide better utility services to the community.