Along with the rest of the nation, North Baltimore area factories convert to war production to support the U.S.’s entry into World War II. Twenty-two North Baltimore servicemen die in the war. In later years, one local serviceman dies in the Korean War and eight others lose their lives in the Vietnam War.
Located at 101 North Main Street since 1900, The Weekly Beacon ceases publication after 59 years of operation.
Located on West Broadway Street, C. W. Greene Products opens to manufacture rubber products. In 1950, the firm changes its name to the Norbalt Company and later to Johnson Rubber Company. The firm ceases operations in 2008.
Bank of Wood County (formerly First National Bank and now Huntington Bank) moves into their new quarters at 214 North Main Street. This location is now vacant.
The North Baltimore Public Library moves into new facilities at 230 North Main Street.
Interstate 75, a new modern four-lane highway, opens at the east edge of North Baltimore and Henry Township.
North Baltimore’s Main Street loses many of its 19th-Century commercial buildings through a series of fires and demolitions.
Briar Hill Country Club Golf Course opens at 14451 East Deshler Road at the southern edge of North Baltimore. The course is expanded from 9 to 18 holes in 1988. In 2006, the course is sold and renamed Birch Run Golf Course.
SMC Aluminum Foundry opens at 100 East State Street. In 1985, the operation moves to new facilities at 100 Peters Street, where it uses B.L. Peters’ gas well drilled in 1885.
Mid American Bank, formerly Hardy Bank, moves into a new building at 141 North Main Street. Four commercial buildings are razed to make way for the bank.
Duralastic, Inc. builds a plant at 100 Poe Road. It is later purchased by Thyssen Krupp Budd Co and, in 2006, is bought out by Continental Structural Plastics.
Equity Meats, a division of Keystone Foods Corporation, opens a plant at 2208 Grant Road in Bloom Township to make McDonald’s hamburgers.
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 Company, constructs new facilities at 2384 Grant Road in Bloom Township. The company, a major producer of industrial gases, closes in 2009.
The First National Bank building located at the Northeast corner of North Main Street and East Broadway Street is razed.
North Baltimore observes its 100th birthday with a yearlong celebration.
Plast-O-Meric begins production at 733 East Water Street. In 2001, it merges with the PolyOne Formulators Group. The company makes liquid plastisol and PVC powder.
Automated Building Components opens an office at 129 North Main Street. In 1995, the firm moves its headquarters to a new office building at 2359 Grant Road in Bloom Township. It manufactures wood roof and floor trusses and wall panels.
North Baltimore has its first extended nursing facility when Blakely Care Center opens at 600 Sterling Drive. Assisted living facilities are added in 1997. In July 2007, the facility is sold to Trilogy Health Services LLC and renamed Briar Hill Health Campus.
Westhaven Apartments, a 44-unit complex for seniors, opens at 220 Sprigg Street.
North Baltimore’s American Legion Post 539, formerly located at 139 South Main Street, builds a new post home at 539 South Street. In 2001, South Street is renamed American Legion Drive.
Originally organized in 1890, North Baltimore Masonic Lodge No. 561 constructs a Masonic Temple at 165 West High Street. The new building replaces their previous lodge, located at 211 1/2 North Main Street, which had been destroyed by fire in February 1985.
The North Baltimore Area Senior Center is built at 514 West Water Street and is attached to the Westhaven senior apartment complex.
The North Baltimore Area Historical Society is organized on May 15 in the Community Room of the North Baltimore Public Library.
The North Baltimore Area Historical Center at 229 North Main Street is dedicated.
Kettle Run Concrete’s mix and batch plant opens for business at 12769 Eagleville Road in Bloom Township. The plant closes in 2009.