North Baltimore Loses a Landmark

The Hanson Aggregates Stone Company recently demolished a local landmark which had stood at the corner of Mitchell Road and West Cherry Street for over 100 years. The concrete pillars that stood there were originally the foundation of the France Stone Company’s crusher building. Constructed in the early 1900s and…

Read more

1923: Hotel Baltimore is Demolished

The North Baltimore Beacon‘s January 1, 1923 issue carried this news article on the demolition of the old Hotel Baltimore. The structure stood on the southeast corner of the intersection of South Main and East State (then named Railroad) Streets. The hotel was built in 1874. In the late 1890s,…

Read more

France Stone Photographs Donated

The North Baltimore Ohio Area Historical Society wishes to thank Eugene Roe of Bowling Green for his recent donation of historical photographs and documents related to the France Stone Company operations in North Baltimore. Mr. Roe was a France employee for many years. The photographs and documents pertain to the…

Read more