Sisters Sherrie Zimmerman and Joan Hoye recently donated several artifacts to the North Baltimore Area Historical Center. Many of the items came from the clothing store owned by their grandfather, Mose Lamfrom. After being destroyed in the great fire of 1891, Lamfrom’s store was rebuilt and operated until 1921 when it moved to Fostoria.
The museum was also fortunate to receive from Hoye and Zimmerman several pieces of china painted by Clara Louise Smith, who taught and painted china in the area for many years. These included a tea set made for Alma Lamfrom, daughter of Mose Lamfrom.
In addition to their generous gifts, the sisters were able to tell many family stories, which brought to light the lives of both Smith and Lamfrom.